So, I know, I've been terrible about blogging, and you've all let me know. Haha! Oh well! So I will try to recap the last month as quickly as possible.
First, Missy did heal from her injury, only to re-injure herself last week. She is fine again, but I told her if she's going to have to keep going to the doctor she's going to need to get a job. Sheesh! Dog's are expensive!
So June wrapped up quickly. I did a training for a program called History Alive! that our district uses daily in our lessons. I was dreading going, but actually learned quite a few things. So it took a week out of my summer, but I think it may have actually been worth it. Who knew?
Matt went to work the last week in June. Then that brought the weekend of the 4th! We went to the Countryman lake house with Cori, Trent, and Missy. We all had a fantastic time. I was nervous about how Miss Priss would do, but she did wonderfully! We all enjoyed time on the lake, in the sun, and with Matt's family. I wish we were back right now!
Back to Matt's job - it's great! He has already gotten to do WAY more than he did all last summer and fall with his old firm. He's writing memo's, motions, etc. all the time, going to hearings and getting to sit at the real table and everything, and he even found a crucial error made by their opponents, which got Matt's firm exactly what they were asking for (which they may not have gotten otherwise!). I'm very proud of him.
This past weekend, Matt found out that he officially made next year's Moot Court team and that he will be the team's writer. For everyone besides Rachel who doesn't know what this means, he'll be writing the team's brief on the case they are given. The team will go to Austin for competition, but he won't have to do the arguing. However, a good portion of the team's grade will be based on Matt's brief. This is a wonderful opportunity for Matt, and thankfully, he's had some slow days at the office when he could already begin work on the project. He's a little nervous about working this fall, being on the team, and carrying a full load! (I am too!)
Other than that, Missy and I have been on summer vacation for the most part. As soon as we got back from the lake, Mom came for a week visit. We ran errands and she watched me cook dinner, but best of all, she did the dishes!! haha. We had a good visit - I always like for people to come see our life in Houston!
This week has just been doctor appt. catching up and errands that I can't do during the school year. Nothing exciting - so don't be jealous because you THINK I'm just lounging around! I'm trying to study to take a certification test August 4th, and it is NOT going well - so let's hope I can get that in gear!!
Next week I have professional development on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday evening I'm going to Dallas, where Matt will join me Friday night. Mom's taking us to Jersey Boys Saturday night! I'm also excited to see Natalie, Jen, Rachel & Tim, and Bubba, Dee, & the kids!!!!
I know this blog has been pretty boring - you probably do NOT care about all the details, but technically, yall asked for it! I'll be better about posting. Sorry! :(
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMG! I'm going to see Jersey Boys next Wednesday! That is so crazy that you're going on Saturday :)
I am so excited for Matt and everything he's getting to do at the law firm! I'm so proud of him!!
Can't wait to see you!
Wait! I'm going to be in Dallas next weekend also! Can you squeeze me in too??? :)
EM!!! We are getting a friend for Missy! He comes on Thursday, his name is Bo, and he is PRECIOUS! I have no doubt that he and missy will be instant friends! :)
Post a Comment