Thursday, April 24, 2008

"The Junk Food Stage"

There comes a day every fall and spring that I dread. Today was that day. Now, Matt has been studying since April 3rd for his finals, and everything has been running very smoothly. This is his last week of classes, and though busy, he's seemed very under control. This afternoon, I came home. Matt was gone to class. However, his remnants remained.
You see, today was the day Matt went into the "junk food stage" of studying. Every fall and spring on this particular day, he goes to the store and brings home the following: sunflower seeds (the jumbo bag), a fruity gummy candy of sorts (this time gummy Lifesavers), actual fruit snacks (this time I'm blessed to see a super variety pack of Sharks, Creepy Crawlers, and some other creatures of the night - I think in total there are 30 packages), frozen pizzas, ice cream, frozen chicken tenders, frozen french fries, Crunch n' Munch, chips, fruit juice, and other assorted items (this time it was a pound cake from the bakery). So yes, I am in the midst of nearly 10,000 calories of Matt Heaven. For the next 3 weeks, my husband will consume more fruit juice, fruit snacks, and sunflower seeds than any of you ever thought possible.
Try staying on a diet during finals. Impossible. Needless to say, he'll lose weight out of the whole ordeal. Help!?

3 comments:

Natalie ODonnell said...

Oh Dear! HELP! I can picture it now... you're trying to "be good" with your eating and there he is, eating all the junk food he can possibly consume - and still dropping weight. Oh the pains of being a woman! But GOOD LUCK MATT, nonetheless!

Nichole Davis said...

Sounds like its time for me to rescue... do I hear a Dinner Date calling???

SAvory said...

Just thought you all should know, I have in fact lost two pounds since this post was made public. I feel like you need to know these things
-Matt