1. Thursday afternoon I was "blessed" enough to be the first adult on the scene to a 7th grader who decided to jump down 10 stairs. His shin looked like an elbow was coming out of it. His lower leg was snapped in two and the bone was definitely sticking out - blood everywhere. So that was interesting - my first ever broken bone encounter.
2. After the broken leg, Hamilton hosted Holocaust evening with the amazing Walter Kase speaking. I didn't get home to well after nine. The next morning, I awoke to Matt tapping me on the shoulder and saying "Em, it's 7:00!" I usually GET to school (40 min. away) at 7, and must be there by 7:30. Needless to say, I made it by 7:40, but it was not my most attractive day at Hamilton. Ha!
3. Friday night Cori, Trent, and I primed their master bath for paint. About 8:30, we went out to clean brushes and rollers, and after Cori and I completely covered our hands in primer trying to clean stuff out, we realized it wasn't coming off. Trent and I simultaneously looked at each other and cracked up - DUH! the primer was oil based - you need paint thinner or turpentine to get it off! Oh no!! Matt came at the perfect time from his final and cracked up when he saw this only moments later. He and Trent went to get the goods and came to our rescue. Matt said "Michael Jackson called. He wants his white gloves back."
Wish Matt luck on his last 2 finals this week.
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment